Do you love donuts? This oversized glazed buttermilk donut looks just like an old-fashioned donut and it’s spiced with nutmeg and vanilla extract which elevate the classic donut flavor while the buttermilk balances out the sweetness. The best part is the powdered sugar glaze which transforms this bundt cake into a donut. Check out the recipe below.
- baking spray with flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat a 12 to 15 inch Bundt pan with baking spray.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter with a stand mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined. Add vanilla, beating until combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda in a medium bowl. With a mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan and tap on the counter 3 to 5 times to release the air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven until a toothpick can be inserted into the center coming out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Let it cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the pan flipping it onto a cutting board or platter and then flip the cake back over so the rough side is facing up. Let it cool for about an hour.
- Whisk powdered sugar and water in a bowl until smooth. Brush it over cooled cake.
- Slice and enjoy!