Summer is officially at its height and any relief from the heat is welcome. One snack that’s always refreshing in the summertime is watermelon. This summer staple is more versatile than you may think. One way to play with watermelon is by making it into a sorbet. This watermelon lime sorbet is a great option, given that it’s much healthier than standard ice cream, it’s super easy to make, and it’s absolutely perfect for a hot summer day.
- 2 limes
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- In a pan, mix the sugar and water together and cook on medium heat for about five minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Add four cups of watermelon to a blender and make into a puree.
- Squeeze juice from one lime into the watermelon puree and add the syrup.
- Mix and pour into a casserole dish (9×9 is a great size)
- Place in the freezer for four hours.
- Remove from the freezer and add back into the blender until smooth. You may add the juice of one more lime to make the blending easier.