Having a risotto for lunch or dinner is always a great decision. This dish is not only delicious and filling but it’s also very simple and quick to make. You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry and you don’t need to be an expert chef to make risotto despite the fact that it sounds fancy.
If you want to give the risotto a try, then look no further than our spinach risotto. It’s a great dish to add to your kitchen arsenal and you will be amazed by how it tastes. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 ½ cups short grain rice
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot water
- Black pepper
- Clean the onion and garlic. Chop them to fine bits.
- Add olive oil to a deep pan or pot and place it on medium heat. Toss in the onion and garlic and cook until it gets brownish and soft.
- Next, add the chopped spinach leaves to your pan/pot and cook for one minute until they get tender.
- Pour in the rice, season with salt and black pepper, and toast it. Stir frequently, so it doesn’t burn.
- Now it’s time to introduce hot water. Pour in ½ cup of hot water and continue stirring. You can also use vegetable or chicken stock instead of water.
- When the rice almost completely absorbs the water, add more in the same manner. Continue this process for the next 15 minutes.
- Your risotto should be cooked by now. Your dish should be creamy and that the rice is al-dente.
- Serve yourself a plate and dig in.