When you’re vegan, you get good at coming up with replacements and substitutes for things. And nothing feels better than finding that substitute for something you use a lot, like your favorite plant milk or veggie burger. Well, we’re here to give you the gift of our holy grail vegan cheese. It’s sort of like ricotta or cottage cheese and we use it all the time on everything: pizza, lasagna, salad, sandwiches, you name it. And, best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make, requiring very few ingredients. Oh, and did we mention that it’s tofu-based, so it’s got lots of protein and is friendly to anybody with a nut allergy?
Okay, enough hyping it up. Let’s get to the recipe already!
- 1 package tofu
- 1 cup of your favorite plant milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Spices (your favorite ones)
- In a high-speed blender, combine your tofu with your plant milk. You can use silken tofu if you want a smoother, more liquidy cheese consistency for dipping, or a firmer tofu if you want your cheese more solid and crumbly.
- For flavor, add nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and whatever other spices you want. We like to use garlic powder. If you want your cheese to be yellow, add turmeric.
- Blend one more time.