Ceviche is a cold, delicious appetizer, made from fresh fish and originating from South America. It’s without a doubt one of the most refreshing fish dishes out there, both in taste and appearance, and it’s also a super easy dish to make at home.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 6 of clean fillets (without skin and bones) of any fresh fish
- 3 tablespoons of chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped hot green pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Juice from 3 lime (or 2 lemons)
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander
Mix the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Cut the fish fillets into small cubes, and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Add lime juice (or lemon juice) and salt, and mix. At this point, the color of the fish will change, and it should become white-transparent. Add olive oil and the chopped coriander. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
The ceviche is served in a clear serving bowl or on a plate of china. It’s ideal for an appetizer, but it can also be quite enjoyable as a side dish!