Dumplings are one of those dishes we should all try to master, and with so many amazing recipes out there, it’s not even that difficult. It doesn’t hurt that this tasty dish offers endless possibilities when it comes to fillings, and mushrooms sound like the perfect fit.
Bijan and Gabriel, authors of food blog Livin’ La Vegan Life seem to agree, so they shared a tasty recipe for mushroom walnut dumplings, which take less than 30 minutes to make.
They are a perfect appetizer or a side dish, especially if you want to serve a plant-based dish packed with amazing flavors.
- 12 popstickers wrappers
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- In a food processor, add mushrooms, walnuts, onion, garlic, and salt/pepper. Pulse until well combined.
- With room temperature water, wet the edges of the wrapper with your finger.
- Place 1 tsp of filling in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half.
- To close the wrapper, you are going to fold and pinch it closed around 5-6 times.
- Place a pan on medium-low heat with cooking oil, fry your dumplings for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!