In just an hour you can prepare the best lentil soup ever. It’s so simple that anyone can make it. Just follow the detailed instructions we listed below and stay warm during fall and winter.
- 1 lb dry lentils, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 medium diced onions
- 2 chopped green onions
- 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2-3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 diced celery ribs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 chopped large carrots
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Get a saucepan and add some oil. Set the stove to high and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic, cumin spice, onions, celery, and ginger to the saucepan. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent.
- Include the lentils and smoked paprika to the mix. Let it cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, carrots, green onions, cayenne, and white pepper.
- Next pour in 6 cups of the broth, then add salt.
- Wait for the lentil soup to start boiling. Once it does leave it to simmer until it becomes thicker. This will take from 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add parsley, pepper, salt and you can serve the soup.