Crunchy and creamy are not textures that often go together, but that is just one of the reasons why this salad is so wonderful. So quick and simple to make, the cucumbers ensure that the dish keeps its freshness, while the tang from the sour cream gives it an extra zing!
- 2 English cucumbers
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cucumbers in half and then slice each half down the middle lengthwise. Use the tip of a teaspoon to scoop out the center seeds. Cut each half into thin slices and place in a colander. Toss with the salt and let sit in the sink for at least 30 minutes, until the water drains out.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, dill, sugar, and black pepper and mix well.
- When the cucumbers are ready, remove any excess water by tapping the colander several times on the base of the sink, then use a large wad of paper towels or a clean dish towel to pat the cucumbers dry. Add them to the dressing and toss well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.