If you haven’t tried salmon patties before, now’s the time. They are delicious, filling, and can be used as a side dish or main meal. Either way, they won’t let you down. Here is how to make perfect salmon patties that are almost too good to be true.
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 celery sticks
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Bake the salmon fillet in an oven at 360 F for 15 minutes. Then, take it out and let it chill.
- In the meantime, add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Sauté chopped onion, pepper, and celery.
- Add capers, salt, and pepper, and let it simmer for around 20 minutes. Wait until the veggies cool off.
- Crumble the baked salmon in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs, mayo, eggs, and veggies. Give it a good mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pop the mixture in the fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Form patties of the desired size and then fry them in a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat until golden brown.
- Dig in!