We have something spicy in mind for your classic Thanksgiving cranberry sauce and we can’t get enough. This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet, fruity, and hot. Here’s what you’ll need to make it.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh juice plus 1/2 teaspoon zest from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded fresh jalapeno (about 2 medium chiles)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Start with a base of fresh or frozen cranberries, and the sugar and water
- Add lime juice and zest for a zesty twist.
- The secret ingredient lies in the minced and de-seeded jalapeños, providing a fruity kick with mild heat.
- As the cranberries pop and release their natural pectin, the sauce will thicken to a jam-like consistency.
- The result is a complex, spicy, and smoky cranberry sauce that complements a smoked turkey perfectly.