Making an omelet without eggs probably sounds borderline impossible to some and quite complicated to others. However, it is certainly possible and probably a lot simpler than you think. All you need is the right ingredients and a proper recipe like the one you’ll find below.
- 1 cup fresh tofu (soft)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup soy cream
- ¼ cup seitan
- 1 scallion
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon Curcuma powder
- salt and black pepper
1. Take 4/5 cup tofu and mix it in a bowl using an electric mixer. Add flour, water, soy cream arrowroot powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix until combined.
2. Brush a pan with some olive or vegetable oil. Place it on medium heat and add sliced scallions, seitan, and the remaining tofu. Crush the tofu with a fork and sauté until the ingredients are soft.
3. Add the Curcuma powder and black pepper to taste. Give it a thorough mix.
4. Pour the omelet batter over the veggies and seitan. Make sure it isn’t too thick as it might be harder to cook.
5. Cook until you notice the top side is dry. Flip it over and cook for a couple of more minutes.
6. Dig in!