Having egg-fried rice in your cooking arsenal always comes in handy. It represents a perfect option when you are looking for a quick and filling meal or want to pair meat with an exciting side dish. For such a versatile and rewarding dish, egg-fried rice is surprisingly easy to make. Here is how to make it.
- 2 cups white long rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt, black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. You can also use the leftover rice if you have some, as it won’t affect the meal.
- Slice the carrot and onion in stripes and put them in a wok pan (a regular deep pan will also do). Sprinkle with salt and cook for few minutes until the veggies begin to soften.
- Take out the veggies ond put them onto a plate and put beaten eggs in the pan. Fry the egg for a few minutes.
- Add rice and garlic, which you previously crushed, to the pan with eggs and give it a thorough stir. Continue stirring until the rice warms up.
- Add the previously cooked veggies, frozen beans, chives, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Season with salt and black pepper and cook until you notice that the peas became soft.
- Remove from the stove, serve on a plate, and enjoy.