The great thing about breakfast is that you can customize it depending on your mood. If you wake up feeling like eating something sweet, you can opt for waffles or pancakes. If you’re in the mood for something savory, why not go for quiche Lorraine?
Quiche is a savory tart consisting of pastry, custard, cheese, meat, and veggies. Add bacon to the mix, and you got yourself quiche Lorraine. It is quite popular as a breakfast dish in France but also beloved in other parts of the world. If you still didn’t have a chance to try it out, here is a recipe below.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated Emmental cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- First you need to prepare the pastry. Add flour and salt to a bowl and whisk. Then add butter that you’ve previously cut into cubes and combine using your fingers.
- Beat an egg in a separate bowl and add to the flour and butter. Knead until you get a firm dough. You can pour some water if necessary to make the process easier.
- Work the dough into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, crack the four eggs into a bowl and whisk to get started on the filing. Then, add sour cream and whisk again.
- Next, cut the Emmental cheese into cubes and chop the bacon slices into bits. Add cheese, bacon, parsley, and paprika to the sour cream and eggs mixture. Season with salt and pepper and mix until ingredients are nicely combined.
- After your dough is chilled, work it into the shape of your baking pan with a rolling pin. Keep in mind that the size of the dough should be a bit bigger than the pan.
- Transfer the dough to the pan and press it to the edges. Remove the excess dough.
- Line the dough with bread crumbs and pour it into the filling. Make sure it is spread evenly.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 390 F for around 35 minutes.
- Dig in!