When it comes to breakfast recipes, overnight oats have dominated the headlines. But the prepared porridge actually requires you to remember to make such things the night before. Some of us only think about breakfast five minutes before we have to dash off to work. If you’re one of us, then you’ll appreciate this granola which you can store for weeks.
- 3 cups mixed raw nuts (pistachios, pecans, walnuts, almonds)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss the nuts and coconut in a large bowl and set to one side. Whisk the maple syrup, tahini, oil, salt, and cardamom in a medium bowl and then pour the mixture over the nuts mixture, coating them evenly.
- Scrape the coated nuts onto the prepared sheet and bake, tossing and rotating sheet from front to back every 10–15 minutes, for 30–35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the granola cook on the baking sheet for around 20 minutes before breaking it into pieces.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature.