Vodka sauce is one of the most popular sauces commonly used on pasta and for good reason. It’s creamy, tomatoey, and just tangy enough to keep it interesting. But there are many reasons why you might want to make it without the vodka. Maybe you’re in a rush and don’t have time to buy any vodka before cooking dinner. Maybe you prefer not to keep alcohol in the house and don’t want to buy an entire bottle of vodka just for one recipe. Whatever the situation may be, there’s good reason to learn how to make vodka sauce without the vodka. So that’s what this simple, easy recipe is for.
- Heavy cream
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 pat of butter
- Mince your fresh garlic.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat. Add a pat of butter.
- Cook the garlic in the butter until fragrant.
- Add your jar of tomato sauce. Fill the empty jar with heavy cream and add that to the pan, so you have equal parts tomato sauce and cream.
- Combine and simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Salt to taste. Serve over penne or rigatoni pasta (suggested).