If you love Cap’n Crunch cereal as much as we do, you have to try this Cap’n Crunch chicken recipe. It’s basically crispy fried chicken coated in the sweet cereal and it’s a meal your kids will love as well. Check out the recipe below.
- 2 cups Cap’n Crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1-oz tenders
- vegetable oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, crush the two cereals together.
- Beat the egg with milk in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the flour mixture making sure they are coated well. Shake off the excess flour.
- Dip the chicken in the egg wash, making sure it’s coated well, and then dip it in the cereal mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 F.
- Drop the chicken in carefully and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until it’s golden brown and fully cooked.